TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES • FOR 4 PEOPLE
Bok choy is packed with calcium, iron, and vitamins A and C. Combined with mushrooms, snow peas, and the classic boiled eggs, this Japanese noodle soup makes for a hearty vegetarian dinner.
- 3 green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 (3 ounce) piece of ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 6 ounces of ramen noodles
- 6 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches mini bok choy, stems thinly sliced and leaves halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 soft or medium eggs, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Thinly sliced red pepper, to garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine the green onion whites with the ginger and 8 cups of water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the tamari, then add the noodles and cook according to package directions, adding the mushrooms and bok choy 3 minutes after the noodles. Remove from the heat and stir in the snow peas and vinegar.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls and top each with half an egg. Garnish with green onion leaves, cilantro and chili.
PER SERVING 300 calories, 10g fat (4.5g saturated fat), 15g protein, 1075mg sodium, 38g carbohydrates, 4g fibre, 4g sugars (0g sugars added), 93 mg of cholesterol