TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES • FOR 6 PEOPLE
The mixture of creamy Greek yogurt and tahini, a savory condiment made from sesame seeds, adds zest to the smoky and spicy carrots.
- 2 bunches of fine carrots with the tops, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of harissa
- 1/4 cup plain
- 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted and finely chopped pistachios
- Heat the grill to low heat. Halve large carrots lengthwise if necessary, to ensure all carrots are the same thickness. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and harissa. Add carrots and toss to coat.
- Place carrots on grill (perpendicular to grates) and grill, covered, rolling or turning halfway through cooking, until charred and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a dish.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Gradually drizzle with 2 tablespoons warm water, adding more if the mixture seems too thick. Drizzle over carrots and sprinkle with pistachios.
PER SERVING 110 calories, 6.5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3g protein, 135mg sodium, 11g carbs, 3g fiber.