- 6 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipped cream
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Lower the temperature; cover and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice potatoes; cool completely.
2. For the dressing, in the top of a double boiler or metal bowl over barely simmering water, heat 1 cup of water, butter and vinegar until butter is melted . In a small bowl, beat the eggs; add sugar and cornstarch. Add to butter mixture; cook and stir until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
3. In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Stir Miracle Whip into cooled dressing mixture; stir in whipped cream. Stir in onion, green onions, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes; stir lightly to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
4. To serve, top with hard-boiled eggs; sprinkle with paprika.