- Mix together the mayonnaise and chicken in a large bowl.
- Add in green onions, minced onion, garlic salt, brown sugar, grapes, and almonds to the mixture. Stir up to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Layout a burrito tortilla on your work surface. Add a quarter of the chicken salad mixture and spread it out. Leave a 1/2 inch border around the end of the tortilla so it doesn’t overflow. Roll the tortilla up tightly into a log and repeat with the remaining chicken salad and tortilla shells.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap tightly and fold the ends of the wrap under the logs. Put them in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Remove the plastic from the pinwheels and cut them into 1/2 inch slices. Serve and enjoy.
- Use soft and pliable tortillas so they roll easily and won’t crack.
- Don’t overstuff your pinwheels or they’ll be tough to cut and difficult to handle.
- Ensure that you wrap them tightly so they’re easier to slice.
- We find that using a serrated knife to cut these works best!
- Feel free to use different flavors of tortillas, just make sure they’re burrito size.
- Experiment and add in other ingredients like apple bits, raisins or chopped onions, etc for different flavors – these are very adaptable.
- The refrigeration step is imperative. It’s great that you can mix the salad and then make the pinwheels, since you have to let them set in the refrigerator anyway, you can skip the step of chilling the chicken salad on its own.
For Complete READING Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>)